Type of Activity: Problem-Solving, Change, Energizer
Props Needed: Webbing circles
Process: Here are three variations of the traditional group activity “warp speed” where participants attempt to “move” something around the circle, as quickly as possible. Begin with a full-sized Raccoon Circle, with all participants holding onto the webbing.
- Version One: The knot in the webbing becomes the object that is passed around the circle, and timed with a stopwatch. The challenge or goal is to see if the group can creatively problem solve a technique for reducing the amount of time required for the knot to traverse one revolution of the circle.
- Version 2 involves one person in the group clapping, and passing this clap around the circle, with each participant clapping once.
- Version 3 eliminates the tactile passing of the knot or clap, and replaces them with each person saying Zoom, for a verbal version of this activity.
Variations: See also Group Juggle for other variations or lead ups to Warp Speed like activities.
- How did your group work together as a team?
- How did your group communicate with each other?
- How did your group support new ideas that were given?
Material in this Online Games Database is copyrighted. Copyright © Training Wheels or by the author who submitted the activity. Permission needed to copy or reproduce.