Type of Activity: Conflict resolution / Processing
Props Needed: The Sneetches book
1. Read The Zax Story, up to the last page (save that for later).
2. Ask the students to get into pairs.
3. Introduce the win-win grid.
4. Ask students to decide what is happening with the Zax at this point and recognize that they are involved in a lose-lose situation.
5. In their pairs, ask them to create as many win-win solutions as they can in 90 seconds.
6. Have them each choose one to share with the large group.
- How many win-win solutions were we all able to come up with in just 90 seconds? How is it possible that we can come up with so many in just a short period of time?
- How did the Zax show disrespect for each other?
- How does a win-win solution show mutual respect?
- When you have conflict with someone, how do you usually react (e.g., get quiet, yell, walk away)? Use yourself as an example—share your style of dealing with conflict.
- Have you ever tried figuring out a win-win solution? When?
For more resources see: Journey Towards a Caring Classroom
Material in this Online Games Database is copyrighted. Copyright © Training Wheels or by the author who submitted the activity. Permission needed to copy or reproduce.