- Even though this is usually an ‘in-person’ activity, with a little out-of-the-box thinking, you can do this virtually. It does require that you have a Thumball in your possession! This helps make your virtual session feel more interactive. If you don’t have one, you can create your own with a beach ball and a sharpie.
- Tell the group how the Thumball works. You will throw the ball up in the air, catch it, look under your thumb and announce the question the participants will answer.
- Pick one participant to start, or ask for a volunteer.
- After they have answered their first question, invite them to pick the person they would like to answer the question next and pretend to throw the ball to them.
- Continue this process until everyone has answered one question.
- This works well as an Icebreaker activity, as well as a Debriefing Activity.
- We have over 20 different Thumball designs on the Training Wheels online store. Everything from Icebreakers to Leadership to Conflict Resolution to Debriefing Thumballs! We also have a Numbers Thumball and an Alphabet Thumball, so you could create your own questions in your slide deck and participants could respond to the correlating number or letter. We also have a Blank Thumball so you can write your own questions on the ball.