Type of Activity: Energizer
Props Needed: None/Marker Cones
Set Up: Invite your participants to get into one large circle in a large open area, free of trip hazards.
Process: Then tell participants to each 'secretly' choose someone in the group that will represent their 'Protector.' Then ask them to 'secretly' choose a different participant in the group that will represent their 'Destroyer.' Instruct them that as soon as you say, "Go" the participants are to walk at a fast pace, and they must physically keep their 'Protector' between themselves and their 'Destroyer' at all times.
Much giggling and confusion will occur. After the activity continues for a few minutes stop the game and tell them to go and thank their protector for being their protector, and to inform their destroyer that they were their destroyer.
Variations: Please alter the names of these roles to fit whatever group you are working with……. Here are a few suggestions:
- For a science game, keep the 'Soil' between the 'Rain' and the 'Roots' at all times.
- For a Christian Youth group, keep 'Jesus' between 'You' and 'Satan'.
- For your Bullying prevention work, keep your protector between yourself and the bully at all times.
- For a science game, keep the ‘Neutrons’ between the ‘Electrons’ and the ‘Protons’ at all times.
- How did it feel when your protector was not in between yourself and your destroyer?
- Was it difficult to keep your protector between yourself and your destroyer?
- Did you come up with any strategies to help make you successful in the game?
Material in this Online Games Database is copyrighted. Copyright © Training Wheels or by the author who submitted the activity. Permission needed to copy or reproduce.